Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ack!

Well, today I did six six min sets with six min rests (666 aaaaaaaahhhhhh!) on accident. I lost track, and when I tallied up my miles and time spent, realized I'd done one extra. No wonder this workout was so hard!!, I thought to myself. And dude. I am totally not ready for it. I might have to take an unscheduled rest day tomorrow, I hurt. We'll see. I covered 7.4 miles at 15-16 mph. Oh man, I am in pain. Medication to sleep tonight kinda pain, ugh.
I also saw my doctor today (Dana and I live strangely parallel lives in some areas, lol!). It was a very good visit. Good news and bad news of course, but mostly good. I am progressing. I am getting better. However, I'm not there yet. I will continue with the antibiotics until at least December. *sigh* He is happy, however, with the fact that my joints are no longer swollen. They swell sometimes, but it goes away the next day, and he says that means they don't have permanent rheumatoid arthritis. Yay! If it took a week, say, for the swelling to go down, then we would know it was a permanent condition. He is concerned about my kidneys, since I have had problems with them before, and come to find out the kidneys are the second organ to get attacked, after the heart, with rheumatic fever. This is on insidious little disease! Anyway, I might be up for a round of tests soon, depending on how some blood work I'm getting done tomorrow turns out. And consensus is; I'm not sterile. Hooray! There was a slight question there, but it turns out that due to the traumatic illness my body had to go through, I just didn't ovulate for a 2, maybe 3 months. (if only I'd known...! Wasted time worrying about getting pregnant.....)
And can you believe it, I totally forgot to tell him how well I've been keeping his prescription to work out?! I called back later and told a nurse to tell him. It'll make him feel good.
All in all, I'm feeling bright and hopeful. The end is in sight! It's maybe a year away, but I can definitely see that far ahead! Hooray!!
The Almighty Liz

4 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Rock on Liz. You deserve a rest. Yuck antibiotics til December! That must be wrecking your system. I keep constant yeast infections while taking antibiotics. I hope the same isn't true of you!

The end is near! Woo Hoo!

Dana Cheryl said...

Oh and when I say "the end is near" I mean the illness. :)

We'll get there together. Yay us!

timpani76 said...

I think when you get off the antibiotics you will really start to FEEL the benefits of the exercise. Antibiotics always suck the life out of me, and that is probably getting in the way of the "happy hormones" that get release with exercise. I think I'm addicted to the "happy hormones" ;)

lizS said...

i have never had a yeast infection in my life. part of the reason my doc feels comfortable with keeping me on them so long. i'm blessed that way, for sure. i've had i think maybe two bladder infections as well, and as far as i know, i've had only one wound that got infected. i'm built good that way. and man oh man, i AM ready to get OFF these antibiotics!! they dehydrate your system. HELLO, i have to drink 3x as much as a normal person to stay hydrated and flushed in the first place! yeah, i won't be sad to see them GO GO GO!!