Friday, November 7, 2008

Dana's Back

Even though I've been absent from the blogging world I've not slacked in my quest for Svelte-ness. I'm working out four to five times a week at Curves. In addition I'm doing ab work and push ups daily. I've also adding lunges & squats on a regular basis. All is a-ok in the eating department. I've been whipping up some delicious meals. I think that I'll start adding some recipes & pix of my meals from time to time. I continue to lose inches each week. I've stalled on my weight but I'm sure that's because I'm adding muscle. I'm expecting a week where I drop several pounds in one week. Oh and I'm trying very, very hard to get the recommended 25 grams of fiber per day. My friend, Sarah, did that everyday last week and lost five pounds. She totally broke through her plateau just by adding fiber. It's amazing what our bodies hold on to.

7 comments:

timpani76 said...

Dana's back! Dana's back! Woo hoo!

Weird about the fiber thing. I get an obscene amount of fiber in my daily diet since having c-sections, so I don't think that's my problem.

I was going to start asking for more healthy recipes! I'm running out of healthy dinner ideas, that my family will actually eat anyway.

lizS said...

i think that i will create a blog just for recipies, and invite everyone to add to it, and then link it this page. whaddya you guys think? and also, WELCOME BACK DANA!! we sure missed you girlie! and way to keep up the quest for svelte-ness even during our long separation. you rock!!

timpani76 said...

I don't know, another blog? Can't we just post recipes here?

lizS said...

i had a brain wave. this is what i'll do i think; i will make a new widget on the side that links headed recipies where i will just link into the individual posts. if that made sense. all you'll have to do is click the link, and it will take you to the post on whatever recipe. john does it on his blog. anyway, so yeah. there ya go.

craftyashley said...

I'm going to the grocery store right now to get some fiber! I'm desperate to get back on the weightloss train after Halloween!

Dana Cheryl said...

Yep Liz I catch your drift. I do that on my blog too. I'm adding a Twilight link since the movie is right around the corner... :)

Fiber is awesome! Getting that 25 grams is tough but it's making a difference for me.

lizS said...

okay, here's my fiber trick; get a good cereal that has 40% or more of your daily fiber. one bowl, and whamo! almost half way there! the rest is easy to fill in throughout the day.