Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday -Marching in Place-1 hour

I marched in place for an hour while watching TV (Star Trek:Enterprise Season 3 on DVD). I jogged for about 5 minutes, and waved my arms in circles to work my upper body and chest. I made sure to keep my body upright the whole time so as to not irritate my back where it hurts (right under the left shoulder blade).

My back is about 2/3 of the way better. Wow, I'm mostly glad all that pain is gone, but I think I will be taking it easy for at least week. No bending, or lifting, and especially not those two things together! I'm also glad that the pain started to go away because I did not want to have to see three doctors, and go to physical therapy like I did 6 years ago when I sprained/strained my lower back.

This pain was actually worse than when I hurt my lower back, so I was pretty freaked out for about a day. It got better yesterday (but I still took the day off from exercise altogether) and then today it is better again. I did a little more walking around the house today since Erik was not here (he took the day off yesterday). Erik had me recite all the things I had done Tuesday, and then I kept remembering other things I had done, that was when he came to the conclusion that,
"You officially did too much!"

3 comments:

lizS said...

timpani, you are a force of nature! unstoppable! you go girl!

Renae said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!

Dana Cheryl said...

I'm kinda in the same boat with my back problems. I knowt that building a strong core would protect my back. Unfortunately I can't work on my core because of my back. Man oh man... :)