Friday, February 19, 2010

Juicy Juice

Today I made a wonderful concoction!!



Four Oranges, Four Apples, & Two Grapefruits yielded 2 Quarts of deliciousness!



I dropped all the fruit into the juicer & then poured it into the pitcher from the blender because I don't have a real pitcher. Can you believe that?! LOL! Just wanted to clarify that no blender was used in the production of this juice...



The sweetness from the oranges & apples knocked out the bitterness of the grapefruit. However, the grapefruit toned down the sweetness of the other fruit so no sugar shock.



This is possibly my favorite juice blend since I started making juice in December. Yum!

3 comments:

lizS said...

oooo, that looks so yummy! i know you didn't use a blender, but i've been wanting to incorporate smoothies into my diet, and i'm so picking up a blender today. mine broke a long time ago. i have a forum that i visit, and recently they posted a whole bunch of recipes for "green" smoothies and i so want to try them out! basically, it's a lot of fruit, and then you throw in something green, like spinach, so you get the benefits but not the taste. i like spinach, but i'm much better about drinking things than eating them. anyway, i'll have to try this one out too! keep 'em comin' dana! i'll put this in our recipe sidebar. ;)

timpani76 said...

I wish I could drink all my fruits and vegetables! Are juicers expensive?

Dana Cheryl said...

That's great Liz! Post the ones ya really love & I'll try 'em too.

I'm gonna start a Smoothie Saturday on my home blog. It's feature my favorite smoothie/juice of the week. I'll still post 'em here too though. I do something new everyday!