Saturday, October 29, 2011

Finally Posting

I've been feeling like I need a more rounded type of workout. All this running and biking is good, but I need some muscle confusion in there. Also last weekend was a marathon weekend for my running group. I hate those weeks. The week before, no one runs much because they are on their tapper week, and the week after no one runs much either. I haven't felt like even bothering to show up at the running group. So I haven't run much lately.

Here are my last two weeks:

Saturday two weeks ago: This was the last time I ran with the group. I did about 10 or 11 miles running.

Tuesday: I ran the stairs for 40 minutes. I haven't run stairs in a LONG time. I was really sore for the rest of the week.

Friday: I biked on the trainer for 40 minutes, then I ran about 2 miles later in the day with the kids.

Yeah, that week sucked. I was lazy.

This week:

Tuesday: I tried running with Clayton in the stroller. The bad thing was that it was REALLY windy. I usually run around my block 7 or 8 times when I run with the stroller. But it was in the 70s that day (which is hot for me) and pushing that huge stroller directly into the wind, up even that small hill coming into my neighborhood was tough! I only made it around 5 times, and I did not run the entire time, even by a long stretch. That makes about 3.75 miles. Pathetic.

Thursday: I braved the stairs again. And to my surprise after the week of being sore, I really wasn't sore much at all this time.

Friday: I decided to give those video workouts a go, just for something different to do. So after looking for two hours trying to find my weights (so annoying). I gave Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 Days a try. (I had checked it out from the library.) It's a four week program, and since I figured that I'm in pretty good shape, I skipped to the last "mother of all workouts" and decided to start there. Well, I am humbled. She kicked my booty. It's a completely different type of workout than I am used to. I think I will try to incorporate more of these type of things into my weekly schedule. Goodness knows I need some weight training going on. Maybe this is the motivation I need to actually do it. And maybe this is what I need to lose that extra 10 that always wants to creep back on me. Now all I need to do is to find my other 5 lb weight and keep my kids from losing them for me.

Saturday: I am meeting my FIL for a try at trail running. This is a totally new thing for me. Terry promises that it will be tough. I'm looking forward to it. Now I need to go and change. I have to leave in 15 minutes to have my booty kicked.

Update: I did a 6 mile trail run with Terry. Good stuff! I will definitely have to do more of that.

2 comments:

Renae said...

Yep, I did some work this week. I'm feeling sore. Good!

timpani76 said...

I'm just about to check out the Jillian Michaels DVDs from the library! I will let you know how much she kicks my booty too ;)