Friday, November 23, 2012

I'm Home!

Well, I've been home for a week now, but John had me all booked up practically from the moment I got off the plane.  I hit the ground running, and didn't have a whole lot of time for much of anything besides cleaning and cooking and getting ready for company, and not just for Thanksgiving, lol! 
However, I did keep up with the working out while I was gone.  My friend introduced me to Zumba, which has become my new favorite workout.  It's SO much fun, and such a good workout!!  So, in those two weeks, we did an hour of Zumba 5 times, and a half hour of strength training once.  And yes, you read that right, an HOUR of Zumba, which is basically an hour of dance.  Freaking AWESOME workout!!
I ate like utter crap while on vacation, but between the Zumba and staying extremely active with the sightseeing and such, I only gained two pounds. :D
Then today I ran a mile.  Well, I ran the first half mile with only two little 30 sec. walking breaks, and walked the last half mile.  And I did it twenty minutes!  Which is way faster than I've ever done it, and that half mile is the longest I've ever run with out a significant break as well.  The Zumba paid off, lol!
The Almighty Liz

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

I wondered if you were going to be able to keep up while on vacation! Good job with Zumba and with running. I think if you stick with running you will actually (gasp!) start to enjoy it ;)