Monday, March 12, 2012

Okay, Okay, I'm Going to Report

So I've been doing my running, and my Jillian, and I've been doing 13 miles every Saturday. It's crazy, but I'm really liking my long slow Saturday runs. I don't try to run fast - at all. It's just a leisurely run with my running pals. I don't know why, but I really like those insanely long runs. The crazy thing is that a LOT of them are doing 20 miles and even more on Saturdays. I do NOT feel the need to do this. 13 is plenty!

Today I tried my new DVD with my new kettlebell. It is called Kettlebell Boot Camp with Angie Miller. I bought it because 1) It had good reviews. 2) It was only $10. The problem is that it just takes way longer to do than I am wanting to commit to on my DVD weight days. It's good, but I just don't have that much time. There are 10 sections including the warm up and stretching at the end. I made it through 6.5 of the sections, then I quit, not because I couldn't do any more, but I just have other things to do. I'm not sure if you are meant to do all eight sets every time you do this work out. It doesn't tell you anything about it either way. I think I'm going to have to find another one. The good news is that I think Jillian has done me some good. I'm beginning to feel like I can actually do most of Week 4 of Ripped in 30. I feel stronger. My weight hasn't changed in a month, but I've lost half an inch off each thigh and half an inch off an arm. Could be that I'm just using the measuring tape weird though. My clothes don't feel any different. I totally quit the diet for a week or two or three. I think I'm ready to give it another shot, although really I feel pretty good about how I look even at 154. I guess it's time to pull out those jeans from last year for a reality check. It's depressing to put them on. I have about 4 pair that I just don't wear anymore because they are too tight. They were fine about a year ago. I'm sick in the head. I know I am. My real problem: Why the heck do I feel the need to look like Skeletor? It's ridiculous.

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

I really think liking your body is important. I'm not sure how to help you with that, or what the right way is to do that for you.

I know I really like the way my body looks when I do Jillian Michaels DVDs regularly. I have not lost weight since I dropped the holiday weight, but I still like the way I look. I don't think it has anything to do with the number on the scale. I weigh 180 and I think I look dead sexy ;)

Renae said...

You are looking rather good these days! I've noticed.