Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm Still Here and Kicking it Hard

I'm glad to see that you both Liz and Timpani are still posting.  I'd apologize for not posting, but lets face it, I just suck.

However, I am really feeling quite mighty lately.  I've been sticking with my strength training.  I've been doing it religiously twice a week since my come back from surgery in early February.  I usually do Angie Miller's Kettlebell video (I have moved up to a 15 lb kettlebell) once a week, and I do a session of Jillian Ripped in 30 week 3 or 4, once a week.  I have not lost any weight. In fact, I have even put in a few lbs, and am now dangerously close to 160.  However, I'm trying not to think about that.  Bruce says I'm stupid to let that bother me, since I'm weight training.  Honestly, most days I feel pretty good about my weight, even at 158. 

I've been running fairly regularly on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and I've been biking with Terry twice a week.    I'm even starting to throw some swim sessions in there too.

I'm gearing up to be in top shape for WR tri!  I did the 4th of July biathlon, and alas, the weather SUCKED!!!  I was 2 minutes slower than last year, but that's okay.  I still won my age group, plus I learned a couple of things.  I learned that I REALLY need to get my seat adjusted now that I have my new aero-bars (I got them put on the day before the race, and the new angle was VERY ouchie on my female parts after about 7 miles.)  It's really hard to push when you are in so much pain that you want to scream.  I also learned that on a really hot day I need to put ICE water in my water bottles when I run.  Squirting hot water on your head is not nearly as effective, as cold water.

Alright, I'm rambling.

So far this week:  1 hour of kettlebelling with Angie Miller.

No comments: