Monday, December 3, 2012

Catching Up

I started my period last week, that's why I've been MIA. 
So, a week ago last Saturday, I did two and half hours of roller skating with John and the kids.  It was a BLAST.  Not much of a cardio workout, but my calves and thighs definitely felt it the next day!
I weighed in last Monday, and I had gained a few pounds over Thanksgiving, and was definitely retaining because of the girly cycle.  I did no working out last week, it was impossible. 
Today, I weighed in, and I lost 3 lbs last week, putting me at 127.  So all I need to lose is 2 lbs to be back at my goal, and I would like to do that before Christmas so I'm not packing extra when THAT feast rolls around.  More wiggle room.  It's easier to lose five pounds twice than ten pounds once.  That's what I think anyway. ;)
I also biked this morning for almost twenty minutes, and away from the house was mostly uphill.  Surprisingly, the way back was just as much uphill.  How is that possible?!!
Still, not bad for a first post-period workout, those always suck, and this one was better than usual.  Go me!
The Almighty Liz

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

It was great weather for biking! I will have to test your "losing 5 pounds twice" theory some time ;). That was interesting.