Monday, December 10, 2012

Last Thursday and Monday

So, I got busy, and forgot to post my last workout last week, and since I was busy, I didn't get a workout in Friday or Saturday.  Last Thursday I went to a Zumba class I found that is literally walking distance from me!  Score!  It was an hour long class. :D
Today I did thirty minutes bike/elliptical, much heavier on the elliptical, which is really good.  Means I'm getting stronger. 
I was going to run today because on Friday I went to Fleet Feet and got new shoes!  And inserts, and let me tell you, they have changed my LIFE, lol!!  I knew I needed arch support, I just didn't realize how MUCH I needed it. ;)  Anyway, the running didn't work due to the fact that it is literally FREEZING outside.  I need to get some long spandex so I can run in cold weather.  It's supposed to be warmer the rest of the week, though, so I'm sure I can still get a run in.
The Almighty Liz

3 comments:

timpani76 said...

Woot! One hour of zumba sounds like a great (fun) workout! So, do you switch back and forth between bike and elliptical, or do one for 15, and another for 15 after that?

A good pair of shoes are important for running, but it can be frustrating finding the right pair for you. I've experimented with several different kinds of inserts too. I hope those work out for you!

lizS said...

today i did 5 min bike, then 10 of elliptical, rinse and repeat. the bike is basically when i need a little rest from the elliptical. eventually, i'd like to do just the elliptical and just the bike on separate days. :)

i really liked fleet feet. then made me go outside and jog down the sidewalk to get the feel of the shoes, and i think i tried on about 50 pairs, lol! not to mention the inserts! they really spent time on me in a very non-rushed way.

lizS said...

oh! and zumba IS way fun! i suggest you try it if you can find someone teaching it in your area after you have the baby. zumba.com gives you classes and locations. it's a freaking awesome workout, but the time flies because you're having such a blast. ;)