Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tuesday with the Godzilla's

Bruce and I went biking with Team Godzilla's Tuesday Night Ride, well sort of. My bike had a flat, so we had to stop off at Wal-Mart on the way there to get a new inner-tube. The group had been gone for about 20 minutes when we got there. There is a part of the course that is a loop and people do varying numbers of loops, so we did see quite a few of them there. We sort of finished off with 3 or 4 of them. I was playing catch-up the entire way back. For one, I'm a newer rider. For two, I'm a much timider rider and don't feel comfortable riding close enough to draft (which makes a huge difference), hence it's easy to drop me. For three, I don't like to take corners nearly as fast as everyone else, so they left me a bit more on every corner. For four, I probably have one of the crappiest bikes in the whole group (which makes a huge difference too). Not that my bike is particularly bad, but these people are serious about their biking. Their bikes are darn expensive. One girl just bought herself some new wheels that cost $2500 - just for the wheels! Anyway, all considering, I did pretty well. I caught them and got dropped again several times. We biked 19 miles, average speed 18 mph. Then I ran just a shade over a mile, just to train that transition.

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

Sorry about your bike tire! I think once you bike once a week or more for awhile you will totally catch up to everyone else, even with their fancy shmancy bikes!