Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Catching Up

I don't remember when the last time I posted was. My hip is giving me problems again, well the other one. DARN IT! I'm going to Tim Johnson, the chiropractor from our stake, today to see if he can fix me. Anyway, while I have not been running much in the past week and a half, I haven't been completely inactive. The last time I really ran was a week ago Saturday and I quit at 6.5 miles because my hip was aggravated. I walked one day last week with the kids in the stroller, but I can't remember how far we went. I think it was only about 3.5 miles. I biked on the trainer for 40 minutes on Friday. I biked on the trainer for 29 minutes and then ran about 2 - 2.5 hilly miles with John on Saturday. Yesterday I biked with the group, and I feel like I did really well. We adjusted my bike before I took off and good news, my back didn't hurt this time. (The last time on that bike felt like back labor quite literally. I think it's connected with my hip problems, the ouchy places are where my hips pull from. Does that make sense?) Anyway, I had a good, pain free ride and I think I did myself proud. I love biking! I did 19 miles at about 17.5 mph and it was windy. I actually tried drafting for the first time. It makes a HUGE difference, especially in the wind.

No comments: