Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finally Reporting In

Sorry girls, I have been BAD about posting, but I'll do better. I'm not going to try to catch up on what I've done since the last post, but it's been about the norm. for me.

The bad news is that my weight is slowly creeping up. I have put on about 10 lbs, and I'm not happy about it. I now have a closet full of jeans that are tight. I REFUSE to give in and buy new ones!!!

So here's the plan:

  1. Work out hard at least 4 times a week. (cardio)
  2. Start doing weight training. Surely I can squeeze in 15-20 minutes a day right?
  3. I'm counting calories / fat / protein. I'm going to try 2000 calories per day.
  4. Since I don't want to do that whole diet roller coaster thing, I'm going to make a serious effort to eat more healthy things. For example, I'm trying to cut out on a lot of high fructose corn syrup, since this is BAD stuff. I'm switching to a whole grain bread with no bad HFCS. I'm switching to a healthy cereal with no HFCS. I'm V8 to my lunch and dinner menus.
  5. I am staying AWAY from Halloween candy!
  6. I am drinking 8 glasses of water a day.
Will this work? I hope so. Goals: Total: between 140 -145. By my birthday: 152. By Christmas: 147 Low 140s by the end of the first week in January. Today I weighed 156.5

I ran 8 miles this morning, and so far so good on the calorie counting. I intend to report in regularly to try to actually stay on track this time.

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Sounds like a great plan! I eat oatmeal every morning for good whole grains, and I got lots of good ideas for mixing it up from this page:

http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal/

They recommend almond butter, but I think you can substitute peanut butter most times (I use the almond butter because of Sorsha though). I love the tribute, but I did not follow their directions exactly because I do not like anything too sweet first thing in the morning. It did give me some great ideas!

lizS said...

that sounds like a good plan renae! very healthy and not diet-y. diets don't work, but changing your lifestyle, although harder, works not just now but in the long run. i'm still 23 lbs down, and i'm eating pretty much whatever i want right now. that's mainly because i changed my habits completely, so i don't to really think about portion sizes or whatnot anymore. i stop eating when i'm full, and i have treats every now and again when i feel the need. i can't believe how simple it is now! so good luck and keep us posted!