Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Weekend

Good morning ladies!  (don't I sound chipper?  basically the exact opposite of how I actually feel in the morning, lol!)
So, last Friday I didn't do anything.  There was too much going on. 
Saturday, John and I went running.  That's right, actual feet on the pavement running.  With hills!!  Two things were immediately apparent; 1. I am in better shape than I thought.  I did two legs of running with walking in between.  I ran about half a mile and walked half a mile.  That was way more than I thought I'd be able to do!  So go me.  2. My current shoes are not going to cut it.  I run on the inside of my feet because my ankles have always been a little deformed, and my ankles and one of my hips are STILL killing me because of the way my shoes fit.  So, I'll have to figure out how to remedy that soon.  It may be awhile, we're broke.  *sigh*
Sunday, of course, nothing. 
Monday, I ran the treadmill at the hotel.  I didn't feel like doing hills, and there was no exercise bike.  There was a mirror set up right in from of the treadmill, so I got a good look at how I run, and my suspicions were right, I run on the inside of my feet.  I ran, walked, ran, walked, ran, walked for over a mile.  And I am sooooooore. 
But the hotel had a hot tub, and that made it a LOT better, lol!
I also weighed in this morning, and despite the fact that I didn't keep track AT ALL on vacation and pretty much just went to town eating whatever, I didn't gain anything.  Also, right before we left, I'm packing, and I found a couple of Everest Clothes.  (you know, clothes that are my Mt. Everest, as in, the ones that are the skinniest and have the least forgiving fit)  AND THEY FIT.  I couldn't believe it, I'm back in my Everest clothes!!  The pants fit a little differently because I think I've now got some extra skin that I didn't before I gained all that weight so fast that isn't going to go away, but I didn't have to squeeze into them or anything, they just fit!  I.  Feel.  AWESOME.
The Almighty Liz

2 comments:

lizS said...

oh, and renae, mary and jeremy came and stayed with the kids for the weekend. ;)

timpani76 said...

WOOHOO! HALF A MILE IS AWESOME!

Also, you might just be sore because running makes you sore in places that you have never been sore before. You might just try some cushioning or gel inserts for your current shoes to see if that helps until you can pick up some Nike or K-Swiss running shoes. I like New Balance too, but I think with your narrow foot you might prefer Nike the best.