Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday

Hey ladies!
So, Saturday and Monday I didn't really get anything in.  Well, Saturday me and John and my kids and Mary's kids all went for a hike, so that's something, I guess. ;)
I weighed in yesterday and have lost another pound!  I'm at 127 and TWO pounds from my goal!!  I'll tell you, I am STOKED. 
Today I went for a run at Shaw.  I did a mile loop trail, except that when I got to my second gate (they have a big fence to keep the deer out of the places they don't want them), it was locked.  So I started walking along the fence back to the first gate.  When it became apparent that wouldn't work, I walked back, only to find that I had been looking in the wrong place for the gate opening!!  WHOOPS!  So I added about 1/2 a mile accidentally.  I did probably a little more the 1/2 a mile of that running, the last part to my car I sprinted (worked off a little frustration at adding 1/2 a mile when I was literally half a football field from my car, grr), which was probably ten yards or so.  The good news?  I ran this in 24 minutes, and when I did a mile on vacation, it took me 45 minutes!!  I'm also not hurting as much this time, just my left ankle.  That's the leg I broke, and it's significantly weaker than my right leg, so that doesn't surprise me, although I probably won't run again this week to allow it time to heal up and therefore be stronger for next time. 
I felt so much stronger running this time, and I know I had a pretty stellar week last week, too.  I am feeling GOOD!!
The Almighty Liz

3 comments:

timpani76 said...

Good job! (although getting turned around did not sound fun, lol)

I thought you were against running? What changed your mind? I was thinking how Renae said running increases bone density for women, so I thought that might have swayed you. Just curious ;)

lizS said...

okay, it's a secret, but i decided to do the triathalon next year. just to say i've done it, you know? renae can know, but i...well really i don't want BRUCE to know, lol!! he's been bugging me to do it for years, so i just want to show up unannounced and see the look on his face! and i hate it. i hate every minute of it, lol! i hope it gets better. i'll keep doing it, but i'm hoping i don't hate *quite* as much the whole year. ;)

lizS said...

i hate the running i mean, not working out, lol!