Friday, February 8, 2013

Yesterday and Today

I didn't work out on Wednesday.  It was a bad day, I just didn't feel good!  I took Erik and Jonni out to lunch on Wednesday because Erik had had a doctor's appointment and they drew blood and everything and he was really good, so this was a treat for him.  And I completely binged.  This is sort of a new experience for me, and I just couldn't figure out what was going on.  Also, yesterday, I couldn't help myself from eating more than my allotted points!!  But get this, Zumba went fine yesterday. 
So, I've drawn a few conclusions based on the fact that although I've gained weight, I'm down a belt notch and have lost an inch off my waist, and working out doesn't make me sick and weak if I eat more.
I think that my metabolism is revved up more than it has been in a long time.  Also, the only explanation for being down a belt notch but up in weight is that I'm gaining muscle, which means I'm burning more calories continuously than I was before.  So I've given myself a few more points daily, and today I felt so much better than I have all week!  Less guilt too, for eating more.  Bonus!
So, yesterday I did an hour of Zumba, and it went really well.  I ate more that day, as mentioned above.  Correlation?  I think so.
Today I did an hour, repeat AN HOUR on the machine.  I haven't EVER done that much!  And again, I ate more today.  More proof that I'm on the right track.  Paying attention to my body is paying off. 
And ladies, Oh. My. Gosh.  I think I mentioned that my legs and stuff are changing, but it bears repeating.  My legs are getting skinny and toned!  My butt is less saggy!  I HAVE MUSCLES IN MY ARMS!  My tummy, while not exactly flatter because of excess skin (darn pregnancies!  screwing my elasticity up!), is definitely, under the skin, much MUCH firmer.  I. LOVE. IT.
The Almighty Liz

No comments: