Monday, June 13, 2011

Beating the Crap Out of Something Workout

So, first, let me just say that I know I haven't been posting much, or commenting, and that is because my computer is RETARDED. I'm not even sure I'll be able to post this, but we'll see. Also, we were on vacation there for a week.

Second, just in case this posts, you guys are doing AWESOME!! Keep it up, you're my HEROES!

Third, I stepped on my scales this morning to see that I've gained ten pounds back from when I lost it all. I'm at 138 right now, and that is UNACCEPTABLE. Part of it is some of the meds I'm on now, which make me munchy munchy munchy, but the other part is I haven't worked out in ages, which I ESPECIALLY need to do to combat the munchiness. My ankle is healed, my bike isn't fixed, but I bought some little peddle things that you can use anywhere for forty bucks (at my mom's house, they were shipped while I was on vacation, so I'm picking them up on Wednesday), and to help the RAGE portion of my emotional cycle, I bought a punching bag. Today is a rage day, so I used it. It's awesome, and I am way way WAY out of shape!! I did 10 min. of punching/kicking, and then 5 more of blocks, and I'm wiped. Shame on me for letting myself go so much! I'm going to work out every day this week. Also, I found out from a member of my ward, who is a 3rd degree black belt and an instructor at this school, about a good dojo, so I'm going to give it a go, and try to get back into martial arts. I miss them, and I need the discipline and focus right now at this time in my life. Take THAT you extra ten pounds! You are getting kicked to the curb ASAP!
The Almighty Liz

3 comments:

Renae said...

Hey, my philosophy for pretty much everything in life is "It ain't the falling off that counts, it's the getting back up." Good job in getting back up.

lizS said...

good philosophy! i'm going to adopt that, and quick berating myself so much. and thanks! i'm having a super hard time finding motivation for anything, and you girls (when i can get on anyway) are so good at getting me going! thanks so much for keeping up with this blog!!!!

timpani76 said...

Kick some booty! Someday, when the kids are all in school, I will go to a martial arts class ;) I wonder if a class is something that will help you with focus? I don't think Erik would work out at all if it was not for his class.

I agree with Renae, persistence is the key to getting better at any exercise/discipline. You can fall down 100 times, as long as you get back up again. You are still doing awesome!