Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday Running 1 hour (about 5 miles FLATS)

I decided to run on the Watershed paved trail again. It was so much cooler than running around my neighborhood. Or should I say less hot? I kept a good pace again, so I think I did about 5 miles.

I also walked earlier in the day for 1 1/2 hours while holding Sorsha in the sling with the kids on the Watershed Nature Trail (including the newly re-opened Marsh Walk). So much fun!

I've also been doing 1-2 minutes of BAREFOOT RUNNING
This time I ran for 5 minutes with no shoes. I want to get up to 30 minutes before I lay down $100 or more for any of these barefoot running shoes.

More links to other articles if you are interested:
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/about_vibram_fivefingers/five_fingers_news.htm

3 comments:

Renae said...

Wow, good for you!! So you're in with the barefoot running crowd? I'm not sure how I feel about those things. Some people think they are great. I'm not so sure. Whatever floats your boat.

Great work though!!

Renae said...

I have heard that the barefoot running folks are starting to notice negative repercussions. True that we are not born with shoes, but we were also not born with pavement.

timpani76 said...

I don't actually want to go "all barefoot". I just want to strengthen my feet, ankles, etc so that I have less problems. If I ever got up to 30 minutes, I would probably only run barefoot once a week.

There's also a grass football field near my house if I ever want to avoid running barefoot on pavement. I just like running barefoot on the paved Watershed trail because it is VERY clean (free of sticks, rocks, etc.) that seem to plague all the sidewalks around here.