Friday, April 26, 2013

The Week in Review

I keep forgetting to post.  Curse you business!
Monday I weighed in at 133 again.  Clearly I need to be doing better on the diet front.
Tuesday, I did 50 min. on the machine. 
Wednesday I did 1 hour of VERY hard swimming.  My instructor pushed me hard, and I did around 20ish (probably more, we lost count) laps with only teensy pauses for the instructions for the next lap.  Those went like this, "So what next?", "Backstroke, go!", "What next?", "Freestyle, go!".  So you can see just how teensy those pauses were, lol!  Also, for about half that time she put flippers on me.  This helps immensely with learning how exactly you are supposed to be kicking, especially for the backstroke.  It also, I found out, works your thighs VERY MUCH.  I am still sore, lol!  Timpani, you should give that a shot if you can find access to some flippers.  It's a way awesome learning tool, and like I said, works out muscles you didn't know you had! ;)
Yesterday I did an hour of Zumba.  My regular instructor was sick, so we had a sub, and she was much different.  She concentrated much more on toning than on cardio.  Lots of lunges and squats and core work, and I'm definitely feeling that today as well. 
Nothing today, I've been out running errands all day.  Tomorrow, if it doesn't freaking RAIN, I'm going to get a run in for the first time in way too many weeks.  *fingers crossed for good weather*
The Almighty Liz

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

I will try the flippers now! I honestly just did not know what they would be good for, besides teaching you the "floppy ankles" thing, which I do pretty well. You go hard core girl!