Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kajukenbo tonight

Maybe 2 sets of 30 s of shadowboxing.

Did our 8 forms with much pausing.

Then my instructor decided I needed to do 250 jujitsu situps. (This is not completely unheard of as I actually did 500 for my brown belt test, BUT since he told me I would be doing 15 min. of cardio for the black belt test, I had not been doing them.) I managed it in about 15 minutes in sets of 150, 50 & 50.

Maybe 30 s of grappling.

Funny side note and background. My school is called Christian Kajukenbo Ministry. We have prayer at the beginning and end of class. The young man that said the prayer at the end thanked Heavenly Father for helping me do my 250 situps and not having a heartattack! (I guess me wheezing scared him.) I thanked his mother for his concern. :)

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

You're so cute when you wheeze! Good job at class too ;)