Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting Ready... and scared!

I am starting bootcamp workouts next month. Like in three weeks. Waking up at 4:30- have the crap kicked out of me- everyday for the entirety of February. I am quite positive this was a bad idea. I have done nothing to prep. In fact, I've backslid because everyone got sick, and I got grumpy and started eating and watching tv on the couch instead of doing my exercising.
I did order a new DVD workout- NYC Ballet Vol 1-2. Since the girls are SO into ballet, I thought they'd like to do it with me. (they need to do it with me- I have such little kid-free time) They got bored of Just Dance, so I've been on the prowl for new options. I also saw an advertisement for Zumba on the Wii. I think that might happen as well.

And- I'm thinking about running. But I hate running. These running people confuse me. There is nothing fun or enjoyable about it! But those running people- they're so slim! So those slimmies are wearing me down. So we'll see.

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Running- makes you stronger, makes your bones denser, gives you more energy, is a natural depression fighter, and (of course) builds endurance! Just some encouraging thoughts ;)

Eeek! 4:30am? I could not do it. You are one tough lady!

lizS said...

i second timpani--there is no way i am EVER getting up at 4:30 in the morning voluntarily. never. and try living with an entire family of in-laws who ALL run. it's maddening, i just can't figure them out! i've come to the conclusion they are nuts, and that's all. makes me fear for my children when they get old enough....lol!