Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Last Week

Um, what did I do last week? I don't remember. I did stairs on Thursday, and I ran 5.75 on Friday. I was dismayed by how hard it was. It kills me how fast you lose ground.

Well there is nothing for it, but to run to gain it back. With that attitude I got up and hesitantly went to run hills today. After my terrible failure at hills 2 weeks ago (when I was coming down sick), and how little I've been running lately (I have been doing stairs some, and running some, I even ran in the pool about a week ago while the kids took turns hanging on to me for 45 minutes), but anyway, I was afraid that I would have lost so much ground as to have a really hard time of it today. So much so that I was nearly afraid to go. But if I don't go, how will I ever get better again? Anyway, I dragged my lazy booty out of bed and ran the hill route, -the whole thing- and good news: I felt great! I was still the last person up each hill, but I wasn't toooo far behind, and I felt great! Yay! There is much rejoicing! 7 miles of monster hills today!

2 comments:

lizS said...

woot! that's awesome renae!`

timpani76 said...

7 miles of hills? Woot!