Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last Week and Tuesday

Girls, is it just me or has this summer's humidity been crazy brutal. Seriously I am mentally BEAT! I just don't want to do it anymore! It's been two solid months of 100 percent humidity EVERY time I go out to run. It is KILLING ME!! I just don't want to do it at all! Time after time after time, two months solid of breaking apart every time I run. I am DREADING the Triathlon this Saturday. Forget trying for a personal record, I just hope I don't end up walking. UGH!

Last week was BAD. I just didn't want to run at all. Tuesday night I ran circles around my parent's pool for a half hour. I ran 10 laps one direction and then turned around and ran 10 in the other direction, and repeated this process for 30 minutes. It was an odd kind of workout. My legs were definitely burning, but my heart-rate wasn't as high as it is when I run. But for once I was thankfully not hot!

I ran with Terry on Friday in Indiana. We ran hills, and I made it 5 miles before I had to quit and walk back. (The weather was a little cooler and a little less humid than the rest of this stupid summer.)

Does it count for anything that I walked around theme parks ALL DAY LONG for two days straight?

Today I ran the hills in my neighborhood. They aren't as long as the hills on Team Alton's hill route, but they don't stop at all. I ran for 35 minutes and then I was just done. I walked for another half hour maybe longer. DARN this weather!!

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

This heat has been relentless! I literally cannot find a "good day" to work in my yard. The weeds are taking over all my flower beds, and forget the rest of the yard. There are just no days under 90 lately!

Good luck on Saturday!

lizS said...

oh, i am SO with you guys about the weather!! i went outside one of those days it was 104 out (yeah, that narrows it down, doesn't it?) for TEN MINUTES, and i came back inside lightheaded and woozy. how is that fair? so yeah, hence my lack of working out lately. this heat is just totally tapping me out!!