Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Running/Walking 30 minutes

I ran 2 miles straight in only 25 minutes!!!! No walk breaks, per the Couch to 5K Week 5 Day 3 schedule. Then I walked around my yard for 5 minutes to cool down. I was really struggling with the first mile, and then the endorphins kicked in and the last mile went great. Woot!!!

Plus- 2 hours heavy duty big shovel yard work (digging up a small stump, planting 2 bushes and starting to move my behemoth 10X10 compost pile across the yard). I definitely got in my strength workout with that yard work! Of course, the yard work was probably why that first mile was so hard since I did the yard work earlier in the day.

1 comment:

Renae said...

Whoo hoo! Good for you running girl! I'm going to recruit you to Team Alton soon, watch out!