Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday

So now that my experimental month of ~well I can't say NO dairy, I cheated often~ we'll call it drastically reduced dairy was over, I was a moron and ate cheese and drank real milk and ate popcorn with butter. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night with a stomachache, but I was feeling a little extra green this morning when I did my work-out. I therefore petered out a little early. I couldn't decide whether to do speed work with the fast group, or to do a regular run with the not-so-fast group. I compromised. I ran two miles to the track with the not-so-fast group, did a little speed work, and then ran back to my van. (On Thursdays, the fast group meets at the track which is two miles out on our normal route.)

I've noticed that when my stomach is acting up from this lactose thing, I have a weird taste in the back of my mouth. At least I know what was causing those horrible stomachaches in the middle of the night. I'll just have to learn how much I can handle and take some Lactaid when I feel like overdoing it. I guess it's no big deal really.

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Well, at least now you know what it is that's been causing all the trouble! The experiment was a success on that count. You also know why ice cream does not like you!

timpani76 said...

Oh, and I feel your pain on cutting out milk. Every time I eat pizza (with cheese) I feel guilty because I know Sorsha is allergic to it :P