Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday Running/Walking/Abs 35 minutes (2 miles total)

I did the Couch to 5K program Week 4 Day 3 (1 1/2 miles running total and 1/2 mile total walking) and I did it in 25 minutes! Woot! The other days it took me 30 minutes. I had no idea until I looked at my watch on the way home. I know I started out faster than before, and my calves and feet did not hurt this time, so that probably helped. Then I came home and did 10 minutes of abs.

I think I will do some weeding later too. What a beautiful day!

Also- my brother (the nurse who has made sports medicine his speciality) told me my arches are still definitely high. Poop! I thought having kids made them normal, but apparently they went from freakishly high to just sort of high. Then he looked at my shoes and said I am definitely a "supinator" which means I run on the outside of my shoe (which almost all people with high arches do). So, he showed me how to make my own shoe inserts from three different inserts you can buy at the store (like Dr. Scholl's). He also said the inserts would extend the life of my running shoes so I would only have to buy a new pair every year. Still, with the cost of the inserts, not much help!

2 comments:

Renae said...

Some day those arches are going to fall. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be encouraging or not.

timpani76 said...

Maybe? When I was a kid I thought my high arches were cool because they were unique, now I just get annoyed at how few running shoes are made for people with high arches!