Saturday, July 20, 2013

Yesterday

Yesterday I was going to get up early and run, and then swim in the evening.  It totally didn't happen and this is why;
We went to Six Flags on Thursday, and were there for 8 hours.  For a little over half of that time, it was just me and four kids.  We had so much fun, but I was literally wiped out for the day yesterday.  John, the kids and I did go swimming at our pool in the evening, but it was fun swimming, not laps.  However, I am getting FAR more comfortable in the water, so there was a lot more swimming, and a lot less standing and watching and sort of floaty drifting around.  I did a lot of swimming under water, and am really getting the hang of it!  John even showed me how to do a dolphin kick, and I practiced that a lot.  We were there for an hour and a half, so I'm counting it, even though it was conventional laps.
Today I was going to get up and run, but I didn't, and today is another Six Flags day.  I might run later depending on how I feel and how hot it is.  But I still think Six Flags is a pretty good workout, even though it's not the kind that I need at this juncture.  I will do better next week.
The Almighty Liz

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

Six flags would definitely wipe me out the next day! It's fun that you live so close you can get season tickets.