Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Weigh-In and Misc

I got sick.  It ran through my family, and I was the last victim.  And it sucked.
Before I got sick, though, I did go to Zumba a couple of times, and had walked the dog.  Also, on the housekeeping front, I am making strides.  I have been sick for a little over a week, though.  Yesterday was the first day I felt truly well.  However, today while trying to lift something heavy, I twirked my back a little.  No working out today, then.

I weighed in at 143.  That's actually a couple of pounds down from two weeks ago, when I weighed in at 146.  That is officially 22 lbs gained in the past year.  But now I'm 3 lbs down.  I am finding this increasingly difficult, however, and I think it's time to call my therapist to see if we can work on the over eating.  I just don't know how to handle it, and the guilt I encounter every time I put something in my mouth is becoming unbearable.  Time to seek professional help.

I didn't screw my back up too badly, so I'm pretty confident I'll be able to work out tomorrow.  Probably Zumba.  That is something I enjoy, so while I'm trying to get back into this fitness thing, that's what I'm going to focus on instead of things I dread, like running or weight lifting.  (swimming would be something else I enjoy, but there's not freaking a pool near me)  Also, the added weight makes it hard to run.  When I was only 10 lbs heavier it had become very difficult.  I can't imagine what it would be like 22 (or 18 I guess) lbs heavier.  So, focus on Zumba, and lose a little weight before I jump back into running.
I dread what my cardiologist is going to say this year.  My check-up is looming.  :(
The Almighty-ish Liz

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

I weigh 50 lbs more than you and I still run ;) I do think that it is easier the less you weigh though. Enjoy your exercise whatever you decide to do lady!

lizS said...

that is totally true, timpani, and normally i would agree with you if it was just an uncomfortable, cardiac thing. but the dreaded rheumatoid arthritis is rearing it's ugly head this year, and i'm having some serious problems with my joints. i've started a supplement that is helping a lot, but i don't want to put too much stress on my knees if i don't have to, and zumba is the lesser of those two evils. (swimming, again, would be ideal, curse you pool gods for not putting one near me!! i swear when i'm rich i'm going to build myself an indoor pool.)