Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday

I've been missing my running buddies, so I got up early and ran with the group today. It turns out that about half of the fast group are currently out with various injuries. Hey, maybe when they get back, I'll be able to keep up with them. ;) I'm just in a difficult spot. I'm faster than the medium people, but I'm not quite fast enough to keep up with the crazy nutso fast people. Anyway, I pushed the medium group till I realized that they were planning on quite the long run, then I relaxed and went more at their pace. We ran about 8.5-9 miles with the Challenge of the Bluffs hills thrown in there. It was a good workout. I don't know what I'm going to do when the kids go back to school. I'll have to get up earlier to do my running, because I'll have to be home to get the kids ready for school. Hence, I won't be able to add the extra 2 mile loop around the mall with the folks I ran with today. I don't always want to be running slow, but for 9 miles, their pace is okay. But for only 6 or 7, I'd like to go faster. Maybe by then I'll be able to keep up with the fast group. I'll have to work on that. I don't know!

No comments: