Thursday, August 2, 2012

Help! I'm in a Funk!

I'm sick of killing myself everyday.  It's a week and a half out from Wood River, and I am SICK of working out.  Maybe I'm doing too much.  Actually, if I'm totally honest with myself, the timing of this funk came on exactly when Bruce started pulling ahead of me.  It was fun when I was winning.  Now I have to fight and fight every time, and about half the time, I lose.  I'm so ready for this race to come, so I can quit pushing myself so hard.  I seriously need to snap out of it!  Somebody slap me, or talk some sense into me or something.

BTW, I don't know how you swim for so long, Timpani!  I'm swimming about 3 times a week, and I just don't like it.  I have to keep telling myself that I'm not drowning.

Ain't I a right bundle of sunshine today.  Yeah, roar or something.  I'm hitting the showers.

p.s. on the brighter side, my 450 swim / dolphin dive time for the second go round today (I missed the button on my watch for the first set.) was 9:09.  My previous training times have been around 9:20-9:30.  I was expecting it to be worse, because I felt all drowny and broke form.

Cherrio.  I'm done until tomorrow, when I once again kill myself.

4 comments:

Renae said...

By the way, I tried a new Jillian work out today. I did No More Trouble Zones. Ouch! That woman is mean!

lizS said...

Why don't you try giving yourself a couple of days off? it's sounds like you're not only burning out your mind, but your body needs a little time off too, to rejuvinate and repair itself! and if you're worried about it, i know that this will help you kick bootie even more at the triathalon! :D and dude, worry about beating your OWN pr's, not someone ELSE'S. ;)

timpani76 said...

I'm swimming at about 1/2 your speed Renae! Try slowing down, switching strokes, and just enjoying the "feel" of the water. Swimming is something I've always gotten a lot of enjoyment out of though.

I would skip the workouts you hate for a week, and just stick to something you like best (like the bike).

Hoba Chi said...

What they said 'cause I want to say something.