Thursday, August 30, 2012

Renae Lately

Renae has been working out much lately.  Not as much as leading up to the triathlon, but still everyday.

This week so far:

Monday:  Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones - that is NO JOKE MRS!  Sheesh that lady kills me!

Tuesday:  Hills with group, it never gets easier.  But I am making it up 7th Street Hill without walking most of the time now.   That's only because once you do it once, you HAVE to do it always.  Sheer will power.

Wednesday:  JM Ripped in 30 week 3

Thursday:  Speed work at the track with group.  4 - 800 repeats, 2 - 400 repeats with a warm-up lap and walking in between.  I am happy to say that for some reason (Bruce is taking the credit.  He says it's because I ran with him so much leading up to the tri.  He made me run faster.  He did.  I hated those 4 miles!) anyway, for some reason this speed workout didn't kill me like they usually do.  A nice surprise.  I haven't done a speed workout in months.  It may have just been an "on" kind of day.  Who knows.

I'm not sure what I'm planning for tomorrow.  Biking would be nice, but I have no one to ride with and no pedals on the bike in the basement.  Bruce stole them for his bike.  Maybe I'll have to do the dreaded stairs.  I haven't done that in about a year.

Saturday I'm planning on a long run, but with the rain...???

Weight is at 155.5 today.  That is down from about 159.  I think it's just fluctuation, probably.  I'm getting sick of that scale going up and up.  I'm trying to ignore it, and tell myself that it's muscle, though I'm not sure if that's true or not.  Mostly I feel pretty great.  Maybe I should plan a trip to Wal-Mart to try on swim-suits again - lol!

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

Woot! Work out queen!

Oooh, I miss speed work. The doctor said no heart rate above 140, so I'm guessing that precludes speed work? I have hit a few hills recently.