Friday, August 17, 2012

This Week in Torture

Sorry I have been MIA!  Consequences of last Saturday, (recovery time), and then I had (an ongoing that flared up again this week) a "situation" with some stupid stupid stupid mean girls who use to call themselves my friends.  Didn't help with my stress level.  At all.
So, I didn't do anything Monday or Tuesday.  Those were Bad Days.
Wednesday, I did 20 minutes of dance.  I did better this time!  Starting to get the stamina back.
Thursday I did 50 of strength training.  Let's see if I can remember what I did: 10-12 min. of yoga ball ab work, and I was able to add a couple of reps to all the exercises!  Not another set though.  Yoga ball push-ups and hamstring/tooshie rolls.  Leg lifts, outer thigh and inner thigh.  Biceps with a milk jug.  Triceps push-ups.  Shoulder work with sustained lateral arm lift.  Lunges, and calf work, like stand tippy toe, and back down to your heal, while squeezing the ole glutes.  I think that's it.  I'm a little sore today, but not nearly as bad as I thought I'd be!  Which means I'm stronger than I thought, and I need to kick it up a notch next time.
Today I did 30 minutes of elliptical/bike.  And the cool thing about that is I didn't rest between elliptical to bike and back, and 30 of continuous cardio is the most I've been able to do for a long time!  Go me!
And I've been taking care of John since he got back this afternoon from his vasectomy.  Poor guy.
The Almighty Liz

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

Oh ow for John!

I noticed with the ball I was less sore sometimes too. I think because it helps stretch you better while you're working out at the same time. Good job on 50 minutes of strength!

Boo for drama queens and all their garbage! I think that's why I have a hard time making friends. My guys and girls I have known for years seem so much "safer".