Wednesday, March 13, 2013

SO. MUCH. FUN.

Oh my goodness, swim class tonight was AWESOME!!  I got there early, and my teacher did too, so she kicked some people out of a lane so we could get started, so I got about an hour and twenty minutes or thereabouts in instead of 45 minutes.  Way cool.
And I did TWELVE LAPS!!  How awesome is that?!  9 laps is 1/4 mile, which is the length of the swim in the triathlon.  Now, there were breaks, but I did 4 of those with NO breaks.  And this is also not counting all the half laps we did to practice our strokes before we did them the whole length of the pool.  VERY good workout, and next week I get our instructor all to myself!  The other lady in class is going on vacation.  I told my instructor last week that I'm training for a tri, and she just got done training someone else, so she is ALL ABOUT getting me ready.  She promised me that next week she is going to push me HARD, and I CAN'T WAIT!!
The Almighty Liz

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

That does sound like fun! I keep thinking I should take a class at our Y to improve my stroke, but I'm too chicken, lol. I swam on Monday next to some guys who were training for a triathalon. I think it was the tri at the Y that is coming up soon though.