Friday, May 22, 2009

Anyone Been Wondering Where I've Been?

Well, training season is upon us. Two weeks ago I decided it was time to turn up the training thing, and really get serious. Consequently, I had a pretty good week last week. This week was another story though. I came down sick sick sick on Sunday. I ran a fever of 101-102 for two days straight. I felt horrible. I don't know which thing caused which thing, or if it was just a coincidence that they happened together. But, I also had a raging case of mastitis (an infection in my boobie). Anyway, I was improved by Tuesday, but not all better yet. Wednesday, I probably could have worked out, but I was busy, lazy... I don't know, but I didn't.

Thursday I finally went for a run: 5 miles SLOWLY and painfully. I don't know what took a bigger toll on me: the heat (it was bad), the fact that I hadn't worked out in 5 days, or if I was still weakened from having been so sick. Anyway, it was not my best run. It was bad. I'm doing a biathlon on Monday, so I hope I get my groove back soon!

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Oooh, mastitis is the worst! Be careful and don't push!

Hoba Chi said...

Good job starting your come back!