Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday

Man I need to get more consistency going. Bruce's dad's friend signed up for a 5 k today, one that was run by one of my running group buddies. However, he couldn't make it today, so I got to run in his place. It's been a long time since I did a 5k run. I usually run about twice that, so I didn't know how to pace myself for that. I was soooooo close to placing in my age group. I am totally kicking myself! The girls that took second and third (fellow Team Alton gals) were just a few yards behind me the whole race. We ended on a hill and they passed me up right there at the very very end. DARN, DARN, DARN!!! I need to work on having a ending kick. DARN!!!!!! Oh well, I did pretty well, I think. For not having prepared whatsoever other than my usual routine, on a hilly 5k, 25:22 is not too bad. That's 7.9 minute miles, I can live with that. DARN!!!! I ran with Kara and Michael last Saturday (the two girls who beat me -DARN!-), but I don't see them out there during the week. I wonder when they do their during the week running. They would make great running buddies. That's twice that Michael's got me at the very end of a race like that. DARN!!!!!!!!~!!!

I'm hoping to get out and do some run / bike / running later on today. I'll need a sitter for that, so we'll see. I just signed up for a biathlon later in this month, and I've got the triathlon in August, plus maybe another biathlon in July. Time to get serious and start burning the pavement.

2 comments:

lizS said...

go renae go! sorry about not placing, but i think you kick hootie!

Hoba Chi said...

Good work Renae! You sound like you are in range to start overtaking these folks.