Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tuesday

I went biking with Team Godzilla. 19 miles (my bike doesn't have a computer on it yet, so I don't know my speed) as hard as I could go. I don't know what it is about biking with a group, but it seems to bring out a fierce competitive nature in me that I never knew I had. Bruce and I also ran a mile after it was over. We are getting ready for the triathlon in August. (Timpani, you should consider it. It's a great time. The entry fee is about $40, but they give you a lot for it. They have a big meal afterward for the participants and their families, and then you and your family get into the Aquatic Center free for the rest of the day.) The hardest thing about it by FAR is getting off the bike and running. Your legs don't want to do that transition. It feels like running with bricks for legs.

So, I worked out good. However, the bad thing about working out in the evening is that I didn't eat much before -not wanting to have a full stomach- so I was starving afterward and I pigged out a bit. I did the same thing last time I went on the Tuesday night ride. I'll have to figure out a way around that one. I weigh 148 this morning, which is down, so maybe my pigging out didn't hurt me too bad.

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

That's great that you did not gain any weight, especially since "food weight" from a big meal can trick you into thinking you've gained weight.