Saturday, May 9, 2009

Walking- through sheer force of will

We took my mom (and Rick) to the Golden Corral in Alton for Mother's day. Needless to say, I at copious amounts of food. We came back and sedimentarily watched a movie. My mom and Rick left at 8ish.
At some point after that, I started feeling like I really should do something workout-wise. I asked the wife if we needed anything from the store and off I went.
I did not want to go. All I had was the inkling that it would be better to do it or I would continue in the sediment vein. After receiving two supportive remarks from the wife, I was out the door. It was really hard.
I walked for 35 minutes, plus time in the store- read an MMA mag and separate fitness mag's article about Filipino stick fighting exercises - and 10 minutes to get home.
(On a side note, time or its perception is weird. It seemed like that I thought about so much stuff or about particular things in a lot of depth in a 10 minute period. Like it should have been longer ,based on content, but wasn't.)

3 comments:

Eyepoke said...

I applaud the use of sheer will power. "It's our wits that make us men."

timpani76 said...

I love walking just because I do seem to think out so much stuff! Good job Pooky Bear!!!

Renae said...

I highly agree with the walking / brain stimulation thing! WTG!