Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trying Not to Fizzle Out

I ran 6.8 miles yesterday with Trent. I got up at 4:15 to run with the group, but apparently the snow scared everyone away. The roads were perfectly fine, but NO ONE was there. Disgruntled, I went back home. But not to be stopped, I called Trent and we went and did a MONSTER hill run. It was WAY hill intense! That little jerk just went up those hills like he had springs in his legs. I, on the other hand, felt like I was trying to run on a different planet with about triple gravity working on me. He made me feel like a totally old, out of shape woman. Oh well. It was a KILLER run!

Then I came home and did my taxes. I completely blew my diet. I was still in the maintaining range, but certainly not in the losing weight range. I'm not doing so well with the diet today either. Oh well, I'll just have to pull myself up and start again, again.

I'm supposed to go and ride that stupid trainer in the basement today, but I just don't want to. Oh well, I guess I should just quit whining and do it already.

Update: Trainer done. 40 minutes of torture.

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Arggh! I always blow my diet when I do taxes. Stress eating! I miss hills, I so need to get back into hill running (besides the hills on my trail running).

lizS said...

way to go on doing a workout you didn't feel like doing!! and you can make it with the diet. like you said, it's more about not quitting. and ugh, taxes, i completely forgot about those. gergh.