Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Grapefruit Diet

I Think I am going to start on this diet. It sounds easy enough- and I L-O-V-E grapefruit. I think I need a little nudge in the food department- and this structure may just work for me. (crossing fingers!)

12 days on - 2 days off

Vegetables Allowed:

Red onions, green onions, bell peppers, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, peas.

Vegetables to Avoid:

White onions, potatoes, celery.


Grapefruit Diet Breakfast Every Day:

1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
2 Eggs (any style)
2 Slices Bacon


Grapefruit Diet Lunch Every Day:

1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
Meat (any style, any amount)
Salad (any kind of dressing)


Grapefruit Diet Dinner Every Day:

1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
Meat (any style, any amount) (fish may be substituted for meat)
Vegetables (any green, yellow, or red vegetables cooked in butter or any seasoning)


Grapefruit Diet Night Time Snack Every Day:

1 glass tomato juice or 1 glass Skim milk

Important Instructions and Information:

1. At all meals, eat until you are absolutely full.

2. Do not omit anything from the diet, especially don't skip bacon at breakfast or omit salads. It is the combination of foods that burn fat.

3. The grapefruit is important because it acts as a catalyst that starts the burning process.

4. Cut down on caffeine- it affects the insulin balance that hinders the burning process. Try to limit to 1 cup per meal at mealtime.

5. Don't eat between meals. If you eat the combination of food suggested you will not be hungry.

6. Note that the diet completely eliminates sugar and starches, which form fat. Fat doesn't form fat; it helps burn it. You can fry food in butter and use butter generously on vegetables.

7. Do not eat desserts, bread, and white vegetables or sweet potatoes. You may double or triple helpings of meat, salad, or vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed. The more you eat of the proper combination of food, the more you lose.

6 comments:

timpani76 said...

I hate grapefruit! I think I might be able to stand it if I could just drink the juice though. Where do they sell unsweetened grapefruit juice?

timpani76 said...

Oh, Ashley, I will do the diet with you starting either next week or the week after. I may only last 12 days on it though ;)

Renae said...

I can't stand dieting, and I hate grapefruit. Sorry girls, I'm out on this one. I do need to cut out the junk food though. I'll just commit to eating healthier. I'm wanting to cut the last 10 lbs in the next month and a half. (That is if I haven't gained in the last week or so; I've been kind of bad lately.) Here's me commiting to being good.

Trisha said...

I did this diet in high school and it worked for me pretty well. I wanted to lose weight before prom and I lost 13 pounds in about a month (I forget how much in total, but that first 13 pounds made an impression!). Good luck!

craftyashley said...

Do you guys have a Fresh & Easy grocery store? I think they sell unsweetened grapefruit juice.

...we'll see how it goes! :)

craftyashley said...

Agh! Of course when I find something I like TV has to ruin it! While making breakfast- the TV told me that grapefruits burning fat is a myth! Dang!
It is high in fiber, though. So it will keep you feeling more full for longer.