Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Squats suck!

Ok, so I've been doing some cardio and we know that. And I've taken some of Timpani's advice and decided to cut my calorie intake to about 1200. yay me.
But there's a woman I work with and we both have a goal. She's already lost about 60 pounds (by herself... no drugs, no weight watchers, nothing..) Of course, she has some hefty motivation, but that's a story for another day. So, she has started working out with her brother (who is in ridiculous shape and has about 6% body fat, grrr) and he has started her on this cross fit program. Has anyone heard of it? Well, her workout today was squats holding the bench press bar (approx 40 pounds). So in sympathy, and to sort of jump start myself, I told her I would do some regular squats so I would feel her pain..... and boy do I ever?!?!?! I don't remember this much muscle pain since I played basketball in high school! And this is the first night of it... of course, I'll be doing it again probably tomorrow.... :-)

2 comments:

lizS said...

yikes! well, don't push it if it's too sore. you don't want to injure yourself! but i like a little shake-up in my workouts; keeps me from getting bored. good work!

timpani76 said...

Anytime I try something new, I get sore, and I think I'm in pretty good exercise shape. If you guys keep it up, I bet you won't be sore.

Omigosh, the first time I ran outside I could barely walk the next day!