Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday-Swimming 1 Hour, Abs 10 minutes

There was a guy in the lap lane next to me who dared pit himself against me as I backstroked and he did the front crawl. I totally kicked his butt every lap for like 10 minutes, and then he pooped out and I swam for another 30 minutes. It felt so good to have that motivation of racing though! Erik said the guy was probably not racing me to compete, but was planning to hit on me. I think this was the thoughts of a sometimes paranoid husband though. This was my best swim in a long time in terms of just feeling great!

In annoying news--I hurt my stupid foot last week and it continues to hurt so it looks like I will have to skip running or walking this week. BUT, this will give me the chance to try out the new exercise bike (which will be lots less impact on the point of my foot that hurts). If this foot injury keeps me from running for more than a week I will be truly pissed!!!

2 comments:

lizS said...

what did you do to it?! and good job on the swim! i once swam with john, and it wasn't nearly the ego boost yours was. ;) i did like having the competition though; brings out the best i think.

craftyashley said...

Yay for kicking random-guy's butt!