Friday, April 3, 2009

I Am a Total Loser!!

I have, for the past couple of weeks, completely forgotten to post my workouts! How retarded am I? Don't answer that.
So last week I did mainly, well exclusively actually, housework work outs. Was trying to recuperate from my company/ease back into things after being sick. By the way, this is my third week of actually feeling great, and I'm ecstatic. Trying not to get too excited though, it's just this is the longest I've gone not only not being sick, but feeling pretty darn good too. I don't want to jinx it.
This week, I got back on my bike, and oh, does it feel good! Well, psychologically. My bod feels a little different about it, lol! I've done three days so far. The first day I did ten minutes, rested, and did five more. Average speed 12-13 mph, and 2.8 miles covered. Second day, ten minutes only, 11.8-12.3 mph, and 2.1 (or something) miles covered. Today, 10 and a half minutes only, 11-12 mph, and 1.9 miles covered. Having a bit of trouble working myself back into my groove, but it'll come in time. Also, I'M ACTUALLY LOSING WEIGHT!!! Hurrah! I've just been eating right mainly, of course with being sick most of the winter and all, but my body is finally healed enough, (I think), that it's not holding on to every calorie it can get it little hands on now. Huzzah! I'm down to about 133 lbs. January 2008 I was at 148, and when winter started, oh around Novemberish which is when I was still working out pretty darn good, and losing nothing, and shortly after November I got bronchitis and all the little flus and colds that go with winter, I was a solid 140, and continued to be all through winter illnesses. I've just started to actually see some progress in the past 2 or 3 weeks. My goal is around 125, BUT I'm hoping to start doing some weight lifting soon, and also the pool should be opening up, so I'm going to start measuring myself, (I got a tape measure, yay!), and keeping track that way, since I really wanna muscle up. So focusing on weight would probably be a mistake for me, hence the measurements.
SO, all in all, I'm feeling not just optimistic, but really good as well. Kudos to everyone who's stickin' with SVELTE! Swimsuit season is just around the corner, and we are going to be so HAWT!!
The Almighty Liz

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Seriously, we can't answer the retarded question ;)

Just kidding. Good job. It's sickening how easily everyone else loses weight ;)

lizS said...

easy? you think this has been easy? i've been working on losing weight since like last june! if that's easy, i'd hate to see hard!