Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Blues

I'm having a hard time getting up at 4:00 am to run with the group, especially since I'm not sure they will even be there, since most of them are wusses and won't run when it's under 20 degrees. (How's that for a run on sentence?) It's obviously too cold to run with the kids in the buggy. It gets dark too early, so running after Bruce gets home from work can't be at all counted on. All in all, I'm getting cabin fever, and feeling flabby.

I got my mother to watch the two younger kids so I could run with my brother Todd today. I just couldn't take doing the stupid stairs again. It was WINDY! Todd made me run faster than I'm used to, and we ran up one gigantic hill, plus the wind was terrible. So, after only 4 miles it was "Stick-a-fork-in-me-I'm-done!"

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

You poor thing! I think wind is my least favorite part of running. You should try to get your mom to watch your little ones to do the Turbo Kick class on Tuesday. It will get you out of the house, and get you in a social setting with ADULTS.