Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Diet

When did I post last? I totally can't remember.
So, little Griffin finally got to come home this past Monday. Last week was a bad week for working out for me because I spent most of my available time at the hospital. Then, on Sunday night, I ended up in the hospital myself! Because I'm an idiot. I think you guys saw my post on facebook, so I'm not going to relive the shame here. Monday, due to being in the hospital and getting about 45 minutes of sleep in 36 hours (and that's actually not an exaggeration), I went totally off-book on my diet. I just didn't even care. But since Monday is a weigh day, and I missed it, I weighed in yesterday, thinking I probably hadn't lost anything because of the abysmal way I conducted my diet on Monday. I lost five pounds!! Go me!! I did do much better with my diet last week. :D
So, not feeling *quite* up to working out today, but I do plan on doing some housework, so I'll count that. I've got a cardiologist appt tomorrow, and I am NOT looking forward to that!! It's been such a horrible year work-out wise, I just know he's going to be unhappy. :( Plus all the weight gain, and yeah, we've got a good recipe for a bad appt. Boo!
The Almighty Liz

3 comments:

Renae said...

Well, one bad Dr. apt. What does that really mean? Nothing, just a little pep talk. You'll make it. I'm glad the little G. man is doing better! We all fall of the wagon. As I like to say: It's not the fall that counts, it's the getting back up again. Love you!

timpani76 said...

You are awesome at getting back on the horse Liz! I'm sure that 5 lb weight loss will help some huh? That is great!

lizS said...

thanks girls! i love your pep talks. and i'm not afraid of my doc, just the opposite. i hate the fact that i'll disappoint him. he's the kind of doc that you just really want to do your best for, you know? it's just been a crap year for me.
and i just got an update from va, and griffin is not doing so great with the home care. :( they aren't sending him back to the hospital just yet, but he's not getting better, and is in fact a little worse. :'(