Thursday, January 19, 2012

Monday

So, I got done with my meds, and was going to make a fresh start with the working out on, like, Saturday. Then my brand-new nephew got admitted to the NICU at Children's, and that put a whole huge wrench in things. I did manage to work out on Monday, but only managed 8 minutes. This last thing, the sinus infection, really took it out of me, and I've been logging a lot of hours at the hospital helping Virginia out. I get home at night just totally exhausted. I haven't even been keeping up with this blog!! I did some back-skimming just now, and I hope to be able to keep up from Monday on. Hopefully he will get to come home on Saturday (fingers crossed!), and I will pick up on Monday. (I need a couple of days to recoup. ;P)
In the meantime, go Timpani! Especially on your Personal Best! And hang in there with the diet Renae! As long as you are being reasonable, and I totally agree with Timpani you should give yourself a diet free day a week, but fluctuate it so your body doesn't get used to that day, and adjust accordingly, you can do it! The first two weeks are the absolute hardest, because your tummy is stretched and telling you you are hungry when you really aren't.
I did start a diet last week, and I'm doing awful!! I've never had this problem before! Usually I make up my mind, and then just do it until it's done! I was talking to John about it, and he was like, well, your mind doesn't work the same anymore. Ugh!! He's totally right, so I've been adjusting to that this week, and doing better. Not perfect, but better. I weighed in last week at 155, and my goal is 125, but 135 by May. I've never had to lose more than twenty pounds before, so the original 35 that I gained just seemed insurmountable!! So I divided it into chunks to make it look more reasonable. I didn't weigh this week because I did so awful on the diet last week, I know I didn't lose any, and I don't want to depress myself, lol! Weigh days are Monday, so we'll see if I made any progress when I weigh in, because I did do incrementally better this week. Baby steps right? Erg.
The Almighty Liz

2 comments:

Renae said...

LIZ IS BACK!! YAY!!! Hang in there. You can do it! I hope Virginia's boy gets better soon! I joined spark people. I like it because it helps me keep track of what I'm eating. Not that I'm really doing very good with that, but at least it's keeping me accountable.

timpani76 said...

Hang in there! You can do it!