Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Monday

I did Ripped in 30 week 2 again. I'm actually starting to feel like I can do most of it. I think another time or two and I'll be ready to move on to week 3.

As for my "diet," I'm doing so so. I've had two good days, one okay day and yesterday I just gave up at the end of the day and ate chocolate cake and drank soda. Still, I was better than I usually am. My complete giving up at the end of the day only landed me into 2224 calories or something like that. I forget the actual number. But considering that I'm going to burn off 680ish calories with my running later on today, I'm not too overly worried about it. Today I'm going back to good. I just need to resist that chocolate cake taunting me in there! Yesterday I weighed in at 154. That makes me feel better. I screwed myself up for the run this morning by waking up at 2:00 and then starting the dishwasher and the washing machine. By the time I laid back down, my brain was already going, and I couldn't shut it off. I had to reset the alarm. But it might have been raining at 5:00 anyway, so I might not have gone. I'll just have to make it up later today. Okay, I'm officially shutting up!

3 comments:

timpani76 said...

Jillian Michaels was fun for me until I was able to get through week 3 consistently. It was like winning a video game. I just didn't want to play anymore after that! I might try the 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boos Metabolism a few more times though. I like her strength workouts, but I feel like I lost bulk muscle by using 5 lb free weights instead of my usual 10 lb free weights.

You might consider giving yourself a "off diet" day once a week. I know a lot of people who diet do that to help them not feel so deprived. It never worked for me! If I go off the diet, I just want to stay off for good :P

Renae said...

I'm learning that while I might be a stud in the cardio arena, I'm a softie in the strength area. I think that's my big downfall. I have a hard time sticking to a weight routine, because it just takes me too long. However, I figure that this ripped in 30 thing is largely weight training, at least for me at this stage, and I'm actually doing it. So that's good.

Couldn't you just do the same routine with a 10 lb weight? Not that I think it's so stinking great and it's just the best work out in the world. It's just one that for me, I'll actually do. You however are good and do your weights consistently, so maybe you don't need things like this as much.

timpani76 said...

I think I might try it with a 10lb free weight when it comes in from the library in a few days. The first time I did it, I tried it with 10lb and almost hurt myself. I'm more familiar with all the movements now, and I think can safely do it with a 10lb now.