Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Saturday and Tuesday

Okay, so I completely fell off on the diet thing. I'm not actually sure if this is a good thing for me. It's like I feel rebellious after a few days and just EAT. Well as of yesterday, I'm back on it. I did pretty good yesterday. We'll see if it gets better this week.

I took a day off on Friday, because my poor legs were so fetching sore on Thursday that I just felt like I needed it. Saturday my van was broken, so I couldn't run with either group. I stayed home and did JM Ripped in 30. I went ahead and advanced myself to week 3. SO HARD!! It'll be a while till I'm ready for week 4.

Monday I turned off my alarm thinking I was awake and woke up an hour later. No work out.

Today I got up and ran with my group. A few of the faster girls in the group seem to have formed a little sub-group thing. In my normal state, I usually run with those girls (and they usually hand my booty to me in a bag), so I decided to join them in their renegade run. Apparently the guys have not been showing up the past couple of weeks for the hill route (two of the main ones having done a marathon just a week ago or so). The hill route is not in a good part of town, so the girls didn't really want to run it by themselves, so they did this kind of half hill / half regular route run, and I tagged along. I got 7.5 miles in with a couple of NASTY hills thrown in just for the fun of it. We averaged 9:30 minute miles. I feel encouraged because while they made me work HARD, I didn't get completely left in the dust. Of course they may have just been being nice to me. I love running with my girls! The best part is that I'm really finding new friends. When Corrine started running with us, there were a few of the women who ... how to put it ... I wouldn't say dislike or anything particularly bad. It wasn't like that, but she always ran so fast that she was usually with the guys, plus she's a bit quiet, so I there were a few of the women who's take (at first) on that was a feeling kind of like snobbery on her part. I never really had that take on it, but I heard a murmur or two. I am very happy to say that Corrine is completely wonderful. Other than the fact that she kicks my butt on a regular basis, and I probably slow her down, she's becoming one of my very favorite people in the group. We actually have a lot in common. I really like her. It's nice to know that first impressions can be completely wrong.

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

You have to give a diet at least a week before you stop feeling hungry ALL THE TIME. After a week or so, your body stops trying to tell you it's starving.

Also, I know some people consider me snobby when they first meet me, but I'm just reserved/shy. It takes awhile to get me to open up (and then you can't shut me up!).

lizS said...

i'm with timpani! you have to give your body time to adjust to eating less. hang in there!!
and timpani, shy? say what?! lol!