Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Trail Running 55 minutes

I ran 55 minutes on the single file dirt trail in my Vibrams this afternoon. It was nice to get back into my Vibrams after taking the week off last week (due to snow). I also added 5 more minutes to my previous trail running time. I found a new part of the trail that was kind of scary. Instead of running next to a 50 foot drop (right next to the trail, like I step one foot off and down I go) I was running next to a 100 foot drop. Scary, but exhilarating at the same time.


2 comments:

Renae said...

Where are you running with a 100 ft drop? I don't know that I'd have the guts to do that. I'm a scaredy cat. I think maybe I'll do a trail run with the Zilla tomorrow. Maybe.

timpani76 said...

I was running next to a 50 foot drop, but I found a part of the trail further in where it gets more fun! It's kind of scary, but mostly fun. Erik did mention that he thinks they need a guard rail since it is so close to campus and someone could get hurt. lol.

It's the trail that starts off off the soccer fields road by the college by my mom's house. It used to be called Bluff road but they changed the name? I always look for the little fake log cabin and that's where I start.

Sometimes I start by the model airplane airfield close to that big four way stop intersection near the college, but those trails are really flat compared to the log cabin trail.
The log cabin trail rules for fun and excitement!