Sunday, September 28, 2008

DC is back!

Hi guys! I've sure missed ya'll although I have stopped by a couple of times. My foot is healing nicely and I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. Today being Sunday limited my ability to exercise, however, I did try to get back into the habit of eating. I was doing so well and even had an appetite for the first time in months. Then the unfortunate accident. Pain just exacerbates the horrendous ulcers and thus I lose the desire and often the ability to eat. Dang! Although I'm sort of starting over at least I'm not starting over from the very beginning. I did feel like eating breakfast. Lunch was harder and I couldn't force even a bite of dinner. Oh well at least I felt like food in the morning. That's a major improvement even though my eating wasn't as gleeful as it was a couple of weeks ago. I know that it'll improve.


Breakfast: Potato Scramble--red potatoes, turkey bacon, onions, green peppers, eggs scrambled up together...Ezekiel toast w/ butter & Marmite...Kashi hot breakfast cereal w/ peaches, blueberries, almonds, flax

Lunch: 1/2 chicken breast, spinach salad, creamed spinach, corn & peas

Dinner: nothing

Sunday is special treat day at our house so I made chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies. YUM!

5 comments:

timpani76 said...

I love chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! My husband doesn't though, so I don't make them very often :(

lizS said...

good job dana! i hope that toe heals up fast! it's no fun having to take a break just when things are going well. :( keep up the diet!

Dana Cheryl said...

Me too Timpani! Next time I come out to visit ya'll I'll bring some. It's taken time but I'm finally getting the hang of high altitude baking. :)

Bless your heart, Liz, you would know, huh? Oh and you too Timpani. We've all had some unfortunate events that required a break. Yet look at us we're back on the wagon. Nothing can keep us down. lol!

Renae said...

Get that toe better soon. I'm doing my special Indian Toe Healing Dance right now, just for you.

Dana Cheryl said...

LOL! Thanks Renae. One of my professors is trying to organize a "karma cleaning". She's seriously concerned. :)