Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ploop

I went to Branson for the Labor Day weekend. We left on Friday, and came back late Monday night. I ran on Saturday with Terry, my father-in-law. (For those of you who don't know, he is like Mr. Crazy Fitness, Die-hard runnin', bikin', weight-liftin', racquetball playin' machine.) If you've ever been to Branson, you know that the whole place looks like this: WWWWWWW. You would be extremely hard pressed to find a flat course to run there. We didn't try. I love running in Branson. You'd be an absolute animal if you trained there. I happened to have a good day, and made it 3 miles in 30 minutes, with some good and nasty hills. (Yes, a 10 minute mile is slow for a runner, but I'm still working on my post partum come back.) I didn't run on Sunday, religiously, I never do. Monday we were on our way home, and didn't make it back till 10:30 or 11:00 pm. No running that day either. Nothing yesterday, so I HAD to run today. I got my mom to watch the two pre-schoolers, and I ran 4 miles today. I had to stop and walk once, so my odometer was at about 4.5 miles when I quit. I think I'm going to try to get up and run with the slow sector of my running group tomorrow. I'll meet them about a mile out on the course, so that will cut off a mile in the beginning and a mile in the end. That will be a 4 mile run. We'll see how I do. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Eyepoke said...

ploop nothing, that's friggin' awesome! running on vacation, that's die-hard man! good job!
liz

timpani76 said...

I wish I could take a vacation with someone who wants to exercise! I went to Minnesota with Elise in March, and she wanted to go walking everyday. It was great! When I went back in July, Danielle and Mom were not so much into the exercise. I was bummed :(

Good luck with your 4 mile run! Pray for that second wind to keep you going!

Dana Cheryl said...

You'll do great! Heck you're doing great. Keep up the great work. :)